Friday, February 1, 2008

Backdated to 27/01/08 – Fatman Popiah, Melaka

This stainless steel pushcart is located next Madam King’s departmental store along Jalan Bunya Raya. The father (a portly man) used to sell popiah for over ten years before his son took over. He would fill the popiah up with the usual ingredients, just before wrapping them all up in the moist & chewy floured-skin, he would drench them with two tablespoon of fragrant pork lard and crispy fat! Shocking!! But that makes his popiah very tasty! When I first saw him doing this in 1998, my eyes almost rolled out of my sockets. But after eating it, all is forgotten except its lovely divine texture and taste.

FYI: I prefer the popiah made by the father because it tasted really sinfully good!!

Eat already ah – triple steam!

Nonetheless credit must be given to his son because his popiah has improved since I ate the last one made by him several years ago.

Eat to believe.

Don’t take my word for it.

No comments: