Friday, February 1, 2008

Backdated to 28/01/08 - Anti-skid Braking System saves my day and limbs too

We were on the N-S highway travelling south to Johore and Singapore. It was a rainny afternoon, a truck cut into my path last minute, just as I was stepping on the accelelator to speed up and overtake it. Immediately I had to floor the brakes hard. Thankfully the ABS kicked in automatically and prevented the car we were in from skidding when it braked suddenly. Incidentally that was what happened to the Ford Telstar - which skidded when I had to slam on the brakes (w/o ABS) on a rainny afternoon in 1994, and it did a 90-deg clockwise turn before coming to a stop - lousy car. Scared the living day lights out of me.

Ford cars have improved a lot nowadays.
Their Focus is a joy to drive.

ABS is God's gift to mankind and so is ESP also.

No comments: