Friday, December 21, 2007

Backdated to 08/11/07 – Fatal traffic accident in JB

While we were heading for the N-S highway in JB, there was a jam along Skudai Highway due to an accident. A motorcyclist got ran over by an articulated lorry (tractor with trailer). It was 7.30pm when I drove past this awful scene, his body was mangled and his guts had spilled out onto the road. We felt very sorry for his family.

The motorcyclists there have a bad/dangerous habit of weaving in and out of traffic. If I do ride a motorbike in the future, I will stay in the middle of my lane. I won’t ride between lanes or weave in and out of traffic either.


One American I knew commented, regarding this bad habit, “they have a death wish.”

I hope that isn’t true.

When you drive in JB in the future please keep a lookout for these motorcyclists before you either steer left or right. It can save a life.

No comments: