Friday, November 30, 2007

Backdated to 11/9/07 – Yong Kang St, Taipei

I had hu jiao ping (black peppered meat bun) SGD2.00. It is divine. When the gentleman at his pushcart, situated next to the famous Ice Monster (that serves fruits with shaved ice), removes the lid from either one of his two earthen "tandoori" ovens, which uses hot coals, in order to takeout the buns, the flavor escaping from the oven will simply make one drool...bring out your tissue paper, I did. When you bite into it, the tasty hot juice can scald your tongue if you aren't careful. So beware! But I feel this tasty experience makes all the blisters on your tongue worth it. The sesame-seeded bun is also extremely tasty, crispy and chewy too. Eat already eh - steam eh! Eat to believe it – take not my word for it. If you are going to do as I did, learn some sign language because it might come in handy. Their biz hr from 2.30pm to 10.30pm.

No comments: