Friday, November 30, 2007

Backdated to 25/8/07 – Hungry Ghost Festival

I have my own ghost story to share with you. Back in June 2002, I did my final reservist training. No need to be politically correct by saying I am a “National Serviceman” (NS). Ai yah if “Reservist” just say “reservist”. Call a spade a spade. We slept in Cheshire Block, 4th floor in a certain airbase in the west of Singapore. That night was the last night of my reservist training also. One of my flight mate named Joseph, who asked me the next day while in the midst of exchanging our military ID for our Pink ID, he asked me if I had seen anything last night? I said no. Why? He (has perfect eyesight) then said that he saw “something” standing next to me. Subsequently I remembered that I did wake up in the middle of the night, I removed my pillow from my face (I slept next to the doorway and the lights from the corridor would shine on my face thro the glass panes) and I remembered seeing, without my glasses everything is blurred, a elliptical-shape greenish glow in front of the darkened closed door, which was beside me. I thought nothing of it and put the pillow over my face again and zzz. Well it looks like he was right since we saw the same “thing”. Earlier on I had to make up for a skipped reservist training, before this last one, by training with another flight. Incidentally it was also that flight’s last ICT. At its closing, their OC said he wanted to remember those soldiers who had passed away. He mentioned one reservist, who was found naked when he scaled the fence, he said he had seen a ghost! Thereafter he was admitted to hospital where he passed away suddenly. I wished I were making this all up.

Thankfully, I didn’t end up doing the same thing.

If you see a “ghost”, do like what Joseph and I did – just take it lying down.

No comments: