Friday, November 30, 2007

Backdated to 17/8/07 – Cookout at Tanjong Beach, Sentosa

My friends called yesterday and wanted to die, die must have a cookout at Sentosa like before. Being able to do it was miraculous because it had been a wet day. Instead of heading to Silosa beach like before – because it is all dotted with eateries unlike in the past – we went to Tanjong Beach. We found three picnic tables and benches at the very end of it, in a roundabout. Thankfully I got my gas lantern to illuminate the table because it was dark, no lamppost in the roundabout. I grilled the steaks and Taiwanese pork chops – my mom-in-law’s recipe. All of us loved the Taiwanese pork chop especially my friend’s wife. She ate it really slowly savouring each bite. They also dipped their chips into the pork chops’ juices because it made them taste even better. We had clam chowder and salad too. The bread that my friend got from a popular local eatery chain was mouldy and I ate a few pieces of it. Yuk! After that we headed off to The (sprawling) Sentosa resort and spa (I love the ambience there) for some juice and listened to the Lighthouse trio belting out jazzy songs in the lounge before retiring from an enjoyable night out. My friends said let do it again, and I agree.

No comments: