Friday, November 30, 2007

Backdated to 16/09/07 - Pork chop king bento



I ate the fried pork chop bento and braised pork chop bento (last pic), from a franchise in Taoyuan, in order to compare the two. I like both of them and I think they tasted good – the pork is tender and juicy inside while their fried outside were flavorful. The cooked fresh bamboo shoots were nice. I don’t care for the preserve ones because it smells/tastes like dung to me. They also use Taiwanese rice which is sticky, fragrant and fluffy – like those used in sushi – I like it over fragrant Thai rice.Unfortunately I’ve never tried the original ones before it became a franchise so I can’t really tell if they are as good as the original. Nonetheless the franchise chain is pulling in the crowd. I wished the pork chops were crispier; then again I ought to have eaten them immediately instead of bringing them home to savor them. While on the way home, the smell of these two bento had me salivating in the car.

No comments: